Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Tom Ridge Environmental Center
See Press Release
Request for Presenters
Resilient Erie Stewardship Summit
Each year, the Community Resilience Action Network of Erie (CRANE) organizes an annual summit addressing local impacts from climate change in our community. This year, the 5th Annual Summit will highlight all the great projects happening in Erie County to adapt to or mitigate those impacts. All projects presented at this summit will be showcased on the CRANE website in the form of an interactive map that will tell the story of how Erie County is working towards building a climate and hazard resilient community.
- Oral or Poster presentations on ongoing or recently completed local projects
- Breakfast and lunch provided for all participating presenters
- Project awards for 1st and 2nd place oral presentation and 1st place poster presentation
Research, Policy, Advocacy, Education (K-12 or Higher Education), Community Outreach, or Project Implementation relating to, but not limited to:
- Stormwater Management: Green or Grey Infrastructure, Land Use Planning, etc.
- Green & Resilient Buildings: Energy Efficiency, Renewables, Construction, etc.
- SMART Growth or similar land-use planning related to Urban Sprawl
- Green Spaces and Green Parking Lots
- Energy Use: Energy Efficiency, Renewables, Alternative Fuels, etc.
- Water Quality: Harmful Algae Blooms, Bluff or Stream Erosion, Invasive Species, Pollution, etc.
- Local Agriculture and Food: Pest Management, Growing Practices, Crop Selection, Local Sources, etc.
- Tourism: Fishing & Fisheries, Winter Sports, Local Food Industries, Beach Management, Business Practices, etc.
- Emergency Preparedness for Extreme Weather
- Transportation: Public Transportation, Bicycle use, etc.
- Or any other project that increases the resilience of our region to climate change…
Registration and submission of projects are FREE. Submissions deadline has been extended to October 20, 2017
Should you have any questions, please contact us at CRANE@environmenterie.org
Join us on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #ResilientErie